Looking for the simplest way to backup all of your important data on Xiaomi Smartphone then this guide might help you. In this tutorial we will show you how to backup important data on Xiaomi or Mi Phone which includes backing up Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs and Media Files. Backing up the important data comes in handy when you are trying to make any changes to your device like unlocking bootloader, Rooting, Installing Custom ROM, Installing Custom Recovery etc. So without any further ado, let’s proceed and see how to make a backup of important data on Xiaomi or Mi Smartphone.
Backup your device Settings:
Google Android OS offers the ability to backup important settings like Wireless network preferences, bookmarks, Custom Dictionary words to their servers and below are the steps on how to take advantage of this feature.
- Add a Google Account on your device from Settings > Other accounts.
- Now Go to Settings > Additional Settings > Backup & reset.
- Under Google Backup & Reset, enable Back up my data and Automatic restore.
- In the Backup account choose the Google Account to which you want to backup settings.
- Go back to Accounts > Other Accounts > Google and tap on the Google Account.
- Click in More (…) button at the bottom and tap on Sync now.
That’s it now all your settings will be backed up on Google Servers.
Backup Media Files and Other files on PC:
- Download the Xiaomi USB Drivers for your device model and install them on your device.
- Once the drivers are installed, connect your device to PC.
- Open the device drive from Computer or This PC or My Computer and choose Internal Storage.
- Select all the important data that you want to take a backup of and copy it somewhere on your PC.
Backup Apps, SMS, Call Logs, Contacts and Calendars etc.:
- Download Super Backup: SMS & Contacts (Link) on your Xiaomi or Mi Phone.
- Run the app and backup Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks etc.
- Once you have backed up all the data, make sure to copy it on your PC, to avoid accidental loss of the data.
These are the steps on how to backup important data on Xiaomi or Mi Smartphone. Have any questions ask them below.